February 6, 2015 by RAZERHORSE BLOG
They are both lightweight shoes designed for traction and wear protection, but the shoe pattern and function are completely different.
* Lightweight – Razer shoes are about half the weight of a traditional steel shoe
* Traction – Providing additional traction to aid in performance
* Wear Protection – Preventing excess or abnormal hoof wear or breakage and injury to the foot
* Shoe Pattern – Race Plates feature a fullered concave section and Razer shoes feature a smooth outer rim with interior cleating
* Material – Razers are made from tempered, tool steel and allow independent heel movement, whereas aluminum or traditional steel race plates lock the foot in place
* Profile – Razers are lower profile, providing a more natural contact with the ground, including increased frog contact and sole compression